Since I love walks though leafy lined streets – I wanted to share Autumn Leaf by Nicola Williams, but there are so many to choose from I decided to include a few more of her designs.
Autumn is my favourite season, I just love the colours in the trees, they change almost, on a daily basis. Nicola’s designs are so real you would think you could just reach out and touch them ! The detail is superb.
I enjoy Autumn, it brings with it a seasonal change in diet too. A need for a hearty, warm and delicious bowl of soup – perhaps for lunch or as a warmer after a leafy lined walk !
One of my hearty Autumn Soups is Sweet Potato and Chilli – tasty and comforting with a fiery kick.
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Cloves of Garlic – crushed
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes or add to taste
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- Black Pepper to Taste
- 1 Large Sweet Potato – peeled and cubed
- 750 ml Chicken Stock
- 1 Tin Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp Coriander
- Put Olive Oil into a pan and warm, add the Garlic, Chilli, Ginger, Pepper and cubed Sweet Potato. Stir making sure all the Sweet Potato is covered with the spices.
- Add Chicken Stock and bring to boil, then simmer for 20 – 30 minutes or until Sweet Potato is tender.
- Remove pan from heat and allow to cool slightly, then blitz with a hand blender. Once smooth add coconut milk and return to a low heat to warm though – don’t boil.
- Serve immediately, garnish with coriander.
Serves 2 – 4
This goes great with warm crusty bread rolls too !